Deadline of Submission: 15 September 2021
Panel Judging: Third week of September
Winner Announcement: End week of October
CPOPC: SHORT STORY WRITING COMPETITION ON SMALLHOLDERS’ LIFE
The oil palm smallholders play a significant role in the industry. Globally, 50% of palm oil is produced by smallholders. They face many limitations, including low capacity, limited access to financial sources, seeds, and fertilizers while play a substantive part in the supply chain of palm oil and achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
CPOPC holds a story writing competition on the topic of smallholders which consists of real stories about smallholders’ challenges and achievements in the palm oil industry. The story writing competition aims not only to appreciate the role of smallholders in providing affordable vegetable oil for food and energy safety but also maintaining a strong social and ecological pillar for sustainable purposes.
Smallholder and Oil palm Plantation
1) Decent Work, Education, and Sustainable Community
2) Poverty Alleviation, Zero Hunger, Health and Economic Growth
3) Climate Action, Environment, and Biodiversity
Prizes for Each Category
• The First-place winner will receive $1,000 in cash
• The Second-place winner will receive $750 cash
• The Third-place winner will receive $500 in cash
• Two Special Recognition will receive @ $ 200 in cash
• All winning stories from all categories and selected stories will be published as a book. All winners will receive the book and winner certificate.
• The story must be a real-life story of smallholders, or smallholders’ efforts in managing their plantations, or other things related to oil palm smallholders and their efforts to have a decent life
• An entry is obliged to be submitted with a filled form entry and visual documentation that illustrate the story. Once an entry has been submitted, no edits, replacements or exchanges will be accepted. If an entrant wishes to submit an edited or revised version of a previously submitted entry, he/she may enter it as a new submission
• An entry must be in 500 -750 words and formatted as Letter, 8.5 x 11, single-sided, normal 1-inch margins, and double-spaced. Entries exceeding the word limit will be disqualified. Word count refers to all words making up the story and excludes the title.
• Submitted in English, Indonesia, Malaysia, Spanish, or French
• All entries must be submitted online through [email protected]
• CPOPC assumes all entries are real stories and property of the entrant with all rights granted therein. CPOPC will not become involved in copyright disputes.
• CPOPC reserves the right to reject work deemed unsuitable for publication or that does not meet all named criteria.
• Winner Notification dates refer to the date that all winners will be announced and notified by the CPOPC Secretariat.
• The Secretariat appointed a team of judge
• Every qualified entry will be read by the judges
• Judges’ decisions are final
• Judges reserve the right to re-categorize entries
Council of Palm Oil Producing Countries (CPOPC)
Graha Mandiri 31st Floor, Jl. Imam Bonjol Kav.61, Jakarta 10310, Indonesia
Phone +62 21 315 7305 | +62 21 315 7306
Email: [email protected]